Friday, October 09, 2009

the Warlord #7 - DC

I absolutely love this book. I was thrilled when it came back, and now . . with this issue, Mike Grell will also be doing the interior art for this story-arc. So far he's been putting out some incredible covers, but the interiors on this book look equally incredible. I love the way he spreads his panels across 2 pages to express the flow of action. And of course there's always that 2 page spread on the title page. It's freakin' awesome! Anyways, this issue Morgan has come across a damsel in distress. Literally! She's a vested virgin. There can't be to many of those around. Anyways, somehow, I think, she's connected to the gods of Skartaris. It appears that they've taken notice of Travis and have decided to muck about with him a bit. Unfortunately, he doesn't know that yet. It seems that they're also messing with his perceptions and memory. She brings him out of his trauma from the recent battle, and he doesn't even know his name. The issue ends with it's usual cliff-hanger . . Travis and the virgin are attacked by some of the man-beasts that dwell in the relic of the city that she lives in. Classic Warlord! I think it's great that a sword and sorcery book like this can find a market in today's comic industry. I love it! Also, next week, IDW is bringing back one of Mike's other creations . . Jon Sable. I know that this is a short blog, but don't let that reflect how much it looks like I like this book. I just don't want to go on and on about how much of a fan of Mike's I am, to the point where it sounds like I'm trying to sell the book rather than tell you what I thought about it. Personally, I think that anyone would find this title entertaining. But I know this isn't everybody's cup of tea. However, if you give it a shot . . I think you'll come to appreciate it. It really is a fantastic book.

No comments:

Post a Comment