Friday, October 09, 2009

Vengeance of the Moon Knight #2 - Marvel


At the end of the last issue . . the Sentry showed up. He said he wanted to talk. The problem is . . the Sentry is constantly being fed updates on the most dire emergencies on how he'll be able to help. So he doesn't really have time to slow down to talk to Marc . . er, I mean Jake. Anyways, the Sentry doesn't slow down . . he takes Jake with him . . on the next 5 or 6 'saves'. It's a good thing that Jake isn't prone to motion sickness because the Sentry is really whipping him about. But when it comes down to it, all he really wants to say to him is . . 'You will be tested . . and you will fall'. That was different. So the rest of the issue Jake is out trying to recruit all his old cronies. He's trying to put the team back together. But Norman isn't going to just let Moon Knight show up in his city and do whatever the hell he wants. He's hired the Profile to trail the Moon Knight and tell him everything he can on him. However . . he can't read him. He doesn't know what he's doing or why. But . . he does know how to hurt him. The issue ends with him and the Hood at the Bushman's grave. He knows that this is the one guy that can hurt Jake. So far . . I like the book. I liked the last one also, but . . it was pretty dark. I know that Moon Knight is that type of character, but . . it was dark even for him. I like that he's back trying to be a 'hero' again. Gregg Hurwitz seems to have a pretty good grasp of this character. I'm glad he's putting the supporting cast back in place. I like solo books, but you still have to have some kind of dialogue and interaction. I'm still of the belief that the supporting cast makes the character. I'm also impressed, so far, with Jerome Opena's pencils. Overall I like the feel that the book has right now. Hopefully it'll continue to grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment