Wednesday, October 21, 2009

the Mighty Avengers #30 - Marvel

Well . . through sheer luck of the draw, this issue ends up being post #4000 for my little hobby here. Well truthfully, buying and reading comics is my hobby. This . . this has turned out to be a way for me to extend my pleasure, or express my displeasure . . depending upon the issue at hand. That's a lot of books for a 3 1/2 year period. I have to say . . when I started this . . I really didn't know if it, or I was going to last this long or not. But so far . . I've had a good time. I've enjoyed the conversations and witty report with my 'friends' out there. And . . I'm not broke yet. So I guess I'll keep it going for a little while longer. What the 'hey? Anyways . . on to the reason that we're here. In this issue the Avengers finally all get together to go to China to fight the Unnamed. Remember, he's that guy from Attilan that's trying to start the Slave Engine and turn all of Earth's people into Alpha Primates . . slaves for the Inhumans. That's the important part of the story. But . . the most information we get comes from Hanks visit to a place he and Reed call Overspace. 'A hypothetical plane . . a point above and apart from all other realities.' Anyways, once there he meets . . Eternity. It's all a lot for Hank to grasp, but Eternity basically tries to explain the way Hank fits into everything. He tells him, 'You are Earth's Scientist Supreme.' Hank has a hard time swallowing that, but Eternity goes on to explain to him that, 'Richards is the Explorer. For him, science is about pure discovery. Stark is the Engineer. For him, science is a tool which he can use to shape his world and his destiny. But for you, Hank Pym . . you are the Mage. For you, science is about making the impossible possible. You are my champion, my Avenger! More than a founding Avenger of old, you are the founder of Avengers yet to come. A new age of heroes is upon us . . more than any being, I put my trust in you. To you I entrust more than myself. To you I entrust the future.' And then he tells Hank what he needs to do, back on Earth. When he arrives back at the lab, he's immediately ready to go into action in China. He says he's going . . ' . to save everything!' I have to say, since Dan Slott and Christos Gage took over this book . . which just happens to be the time when Hank became such a huge part of it . . that seems to have been the turning point for me on this book. I liked it. I appreciated what they were trying to do here. But . . it just seemed like the other Avengers book. Except . . you know . . a variation. Well . . that and the fact that one group of them were criminals, and one group of them weren't. Anyways, my point is . . that's when this book really seemed to kick into gear for me. I think Dan and Christos are doing a great job, and I love where we've gone so far. I can't wait to see what's in store. Sean Chen does the art this issue. All in all, I thought this was nice book to be blog #4000. 4001, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment