Thursday, October 29, 2009

Batman #692 - DC

Simply fantastic. With this issue Tony S Daniel is back. And this time around . . he's writing it and doing the art. I love Tony's stuff and I think he's going to do a great job with this book. We already saw what he could do on the art side of things with Grant Morrison's epic run. Now the whole world will get to see what he can do creatively with the scripts. If you've read any of his Tenth books, you know he can be a pretty dynamic writer. I can't wait to see what he brings to this book. My only complaint is that for now . . he's only scheduled to do 6 issues. I'm hoping that by the time he's done with those . . maybe he'll change his mind. A guy can hope, right? Anyways, it appears that Tony will be focusing on the relationship between Batman, Dick Grayson, and the new Black Mask . . we don't really know who he is. Yet! It appears that the Black Mask is putting together his own little sinister group. I guess all those people he let out of Arkham just wasn't enough. He's calling it his Ministry of Science. So far his little macabre group include Dr Hugo Strange, Fright, Dr Death and a recently resurrected Dr Gruener. Or you may know him better as . . Reaper. He first appeared way back in 1987 in the Batman mini-series Full Circle. I guess the Black Mask has had him on ice, literally, since his tragic car accident. I can't imagine that he'll be the same character as he started out, so . . it'll be interesting to see how Tony updates him. Also new in Gotham . . or I guess I should say it's the return of one of Gotham's own . . is the Falcone family. You know the mobsters that had a handle on Gotham for what seemed like forever? Well the only surviving son, Mario Falcone is back. And it looks like he's bringing the mob with him. There is an interesting twist though. Mario has a niece, Kitrina, probably 8 to 12, that seems to idolize Catwoman. Anyways, Tony brings us a whole slew of new stuff to think about this issue. It looks like he's going to be touching on most of Batman's life . . and the characters in it. This should be another epic run, so . . you better get it while you can. I expect great things from this book. And I don't think Tony will disappoint us.

No comments:

Post a Comment