Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Final Crisis Aftermath Dance #6 - DC

Right up until the very end . . this final issue . . this series has continued to confuse me. I'm just not really sure what this was all about. Obviously it was set up to introduce us to these young, Japanese super-heroes, but . . I didn't really understand a whole lot about it. Other than that. Rising Sun, formerly of the Global Guardians has been coming after them. But we found out last issue that it was actually because Mister Mind had burrowed himself into his brain. The team performs a 'fantastic journey' of sorts this issue, when they shrink down to go in to Rising Sun's brain and find out what the problem is. But they don't expel Mr Mind as much as Rising Sun gains a moment of clarity and decides to burn himself up from the inside out . . 'There is . . great . . nobility . . b-better . . to burn out . . than fade away!' Hmmm! Who knew he was a Highlander fan. Or maybe he just liked Queen. Anyways, they've always marketed themselves as the Super-Young Team, but they always had individual contracts. However, through this adventure things become clearer. 'In that moment, we found a new marketing angle . . Super-Young teamwork.' Hmmm! I guess that never occurred to them before. And they also fix Japan this issue, by . . well, Most Excellent Superbat buys it. 'Made things much easier. Not to mention . . a lot more fun. Japan in my own image. No one has to know. With that bit of nonsense out of the way, we could once again concentrate on the business of being fabulous.' It occurs to me this issue just how much all of these characters resemble various JLA members. Sure they're all younger twisted versions of them . . but still. Anyways, did that make sense? Did that seem in the least bit coherent? If you were confused . . then you know how I felt reading this issue. I could see the various pieces. I just had no idea what puzzle they went to. Joe Casey writes it, with ChrisCross doing the art. Overall it looked good. And I liked it . . kind of. It just seemed . . confusing. Although there were some fantastic covers by Stanley Lau. I don't know if these characters will show up anywhere else. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment