Saturday, June 28, 2008

Young X-Men #23 - Marvel


I'm enjoying this series, and I love these characters, but . . I have two problems. First of all I really don't like the artwork of Yanick Paquette. There are moments of brilliance, but . . they're few and far between. This is the problem I've had with every series he's been on. He's just to inconsistent. Personally, I would love to see a different artist on this series. Secondly, I still think Cyclops is up to something. His actions and his motives just don't seem like they're on the up and up. Like I suggested last time, is he really Mystique? It's an honest question. It seems as if his intel is correct, the former member of the New Mutants are now the current members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. However, I believe that they are simply there to support their long-time pal Roberto DeCosta. Because of his father's legacy, when he died Roberto took over his seat in the Hellfire Club. Whom, as we all know, leads the Brotherhood. So, I think, eventually Roberto took the seat at the head of the Club in order to control this once primary enemy of the X-Men. He would also thereby control the Brotherhood. I also think that in order to maintain that control he needed a formidable force behind him. That's where his team-mates of the New Mutants come in. So while, yes, they are the new Brotherhood, I don't think that their intentions or motives are the same. Therefore, I'm thinking that whoever is claiming to be Cyclops is simply trying to wrestle the control of the Hellfire Club from Roberto, and has decided to use these new Young X-Men as the soldiers in their endeavor. But, so far that's just all speculation on my part. We haven't been given any answers either way so we don't really know what the ultimate goal of any of these groups are, I'm just going off of instinct and previous history. We also see, who I think is, Caliban this issue. And he seems to be facing a dilemma of his own. I like that this book has continued and I understand and accept their change in direction. I think Marc Guggenheim is doing a great job with his stories. I think this is a great cast of characters and they have a ton of potential. But . . I told you what I don't like . . so . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment