Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wolverine First Class #3 - Marvel


The thing I like about this book . . rather than the X-Men First Class title, is that these stories take place in a more exciting time of the X-Men's history. I do enjoy the other title . . mostly because of it's upbeat nature. But, I like this time period of the X-Men's history better. I think there's more interesting characters here. Also these stories appear to revolve around Wolverine and Kitty Pryde. They're 2 of my favorite X-Men of all time. We haven't seen a whole lot of Kitty lately . . in any of the X-books, so it's nice to see her again . . and here it's when she first joined the X-Men and she was full of spunk and determination. Not that that ever went away. But, it was brighter here. This story seems to be Wolverine's, and maybe the X-Men's, first encounter with the High Evolutionary. His character has always been an enigma, at best, and his appearances are usually few and far between. So it was interesting to see him and his "New-Men" again. I enjoyed the story by Fred Van Lente, and I thought the artwork of Salva Espin really embodied the time frame of the stories. His style fit perfectly. While I enjoy the book and can't wait to read the chapters we've never seen before . . I'm just concerned about how long this title can maintain this theme. It's seems to me that there would be a limit to the amount of stories that could be told here. At least with the current theme. Now if the theme can be adjusted, or adapted as we go along . . that definitely opens up the possibilities. But for now . . we're in the Wolverine / Kitty era. Which really isn't a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment