Sunday, June 08, 2008

Loveless #24 - Vertigo


This is the final issue. And, really, that's sad, because I really dug this book. However, when that whole story was done with Wes and Ruth Cutter . . I was really kind of wondering what they were going to do after that. The only problem I have with this book . . . or this particular issue . . it doesn't really feel like the end. This issue feels like the first part of a new story, and at the end . . you have the feeling that there's more to tell. This issue really just seemed like the set-up. The problem? There wasn't a payoff. Which, again, is sad because it looked to be an interesting story. My guess? Brian Azzarello is getting ready to move on to a new project. He's almost done with 100 Bullets. In fact he's probably already written the final issue. So, by wrapping this series up, he's free to focus his attention on some new project. I have no idea what it is, or where . . really, I haven't heard or read anything. But he's to good of a talent to not show up someplace. And, if I might be so bold as to make a suggestion . . get Danijel Zezelj's butt over to do some work on Jonah Hex. This guy is fantastic. And the mood that his art creates is perfect for these type of stories. The Jonah Hex type of stories. I think he would be fantastic there. And, really, that book needs some creative consistency that Danijel could provide. Please! At least think about it. Danijel's is another talent I hate to see not being put to good use someplace. I've enjoyed this book right from the beginning, and we've seen some incredible talent emerge from it. Unfortunately, I won't get to see it every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment