Saturday, June 07, 2008

Robin #174 - DC


Say it isn't so? We find out this issue just who it is that's dressing up as the Spoiler. Last issue Robin had to try to get her and Violet out of a sticky situation. Things didn't go exactly as planned, and that rescue has spilled over in to this issue. Robin's concern comes from not wanting to see another hero die for the cause. Even though he doesn't even really know that the Spoiler is a hero . . just yet. He has a knock-down drag-out fight with Violet also over a disagreement in philosophies. Overall, Tim hasn't had to much luck with the ladies of late. Anyways, the point of this issue? Who is the Spoiler? Well . . . I'm not a spoiler, so . . I'm not telling. I'm sure you can read about it somewhere, or . . you can pick up a copy. Suffice it to say that this was a very good issue, with a lot of character development coming from several different angles. Tim's got a lot to think about. I love Chuck Dixon's writing. I'm not going to say that I agree with all of his decisions, but . . I can kinda' see where he's going with this. So we'll just have to ride it out . . for now. I've also been pretty impressed with the artwork of Chris Batista the last couple of issues. He really has a good handle on all of these characters. Robin, alone, is starting to develop a cast of characters around him, almost as large as the Batman's. I'm not going to say Tim is a better Robin than Dick, but, I think Dick is the perfect Nitewing, and Tim is the perfect Robin. I'll leave it at that. Enjoy the series. I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment