Sunday, June 22, 2008

infinity inc. #10 - DC


I feel like this book got a little off track for a while there. I may be wrong. Maybe I'm the only person that felt that way. But, it just seemed to me like the book started with one direction in mind, and then about issue #6 or #7 that path got . . adjusted a little bit. I do feel like the book is getting back on track, but it's not quite there. I'm happy with the addition of Pete Woods as the resident artist. Now the book will have a consistent feel to it. I really do feel that Peter Milligan is trying. I think the characters, maybe, just got away from him for a little bit. However, this issue wraps up the Bogeyman story-line, and it looks as if Mercy is going to be leaving the team. But, I don't think we've seen the last of her. At the end of this issue, it just seems like she gave up a little to easy. Either that or Peter was just writing her out because she was affecting the team to much. I could see either option being a possibility. Also the situation with Gerome just seems to be getting weirder and weirder. In this storyline, we also got introduced to Bud Fogel. He's supposed to be a psychologist, but . . there's more to him than meets the eye. I think he's going to be an antagonist of this group for quite a while. He really seems to have a hard-on for the team, and the rest of the kids from Lex's Everyman project. We see more of John Henry with this story-line. And he and Superman seem to be on the path of someone that's taking out the kids associated with this project. Way up on Mount Hood, they discover the sixth victim of the unknown assailant. He's been murdered and violated. And by violated I mean that the top of his head has been cut off, and his brain plucked out. I really want this book to succeed. I feel like we're starting to get all the wheels on the track. Now we just need some excitement to spark some more interest. This book has so much potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment