Monday, June 30, 2008

Salvation Run #7 - DC


I had a hard time with this issue. As I commented last issue, or maybe the one before that, or maybe both, I really don't see what the point of this whole series is. We see Luthor in a commanding role . . but you can get that in any Superman book. We also see the Joker in a commanding role. That's different, but not entirely unexpected. After all . . . who's he going to work for? We did make a little progress when the Joker killed Gorilla Grodd, but . . . no! He's back this issue. Is this whole thing just a setup for the Rogue's Revenge mini coming out this summer? But there were more than just Rogues here . . so . . I'm a little lost. Although, Luthor did sacrifice some of his "team-mates" to power his warp-drive back to earth. After he powers it up, we find out that he's powering it with Warp, Plasmus, Thunder & Lightning and a couple of other "b" villains. Also I thought it was interesting that no one, not even Luthor, made the connection between the para-demons and Darkseid or Apokolips. Also, when they left, they left Jonn Jonn'z in his cell of fire. But, we've already seen issue #1 of Final Crisis in which Libra kills him. So . . is the time-line just messed up, or . . was that not really him that Libra killed? Maybe that's what this whole series was about . . setting up the Martian Manhunter for his fall. I'm just not sure. Also I wasn't overly thrilled with Sean Chen's pencils. They're ok. To me, it just seemed like a lot of this series was rushed. I've seen better from him. Anyways, I'm glad it's over . . I just wish someone would explain to me what exactly happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment