Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cable #4 - Marvel


I'm liking this series so far. I enjoy Duane Swierczynski's scripts. And, I love Ariel Olivetti's pencils. Overall, I think this is the best Cable series to date. But, I wish we'd get past this whole Bishop thing so Cable and the baby can finally get on with their future. The problem is, in their little skirmish last issue, Bishop shot Cable twice in the arm and I think his temporal device was broken. So he's kind of stuck where he's at right now. This issue he finds out that Cannonball, Sam, has also survived all these years. Although he's an old man now too. Bishop is still holding to the story that this baby will cause the death of millions of mutants, basically creating the future that he came back from. Cable seems to have a more optimistic picture of the babies future than that. Who's to say who's right and who's wrong. But right now they stand on opposite sides of the argument and the baby is the only thing that stands betweent them. Also, at the end of this issue, it looks as if Bishop has taken Sam out. I hope he didn't kill him, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Although, I thought Sam was an immortal? Anyways, we need to get past this current story-line so, if nothing else, Cable can give her a name. He's still calling her "the baby". Plus he needs to start teaching and training her. I know . . . she's young. But you can never start to early. So let's get rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment