Monday, June 30, 2008

Huntress - Year One #3 - DC


Before I get started, I just want to say that I really like this series. The Huntress is one of my favorite characters. Also, I'm really enjoying the story that Ivory Maddison is giving us here. I also really enjoy Cliff Richards pencils. However, there are some points I need to be critical of. So I just wanted it stated that I really do enjoy this book, I just have some comments. First of all, I don't know if it's because we're trying to shove so much of Helena's history in to this book, but the whole thing just seems a bit . . muddied. There's a lot of information coming at us, and most of it is important to the story, but . . I really think it might've been better if you let the reader fill in some of the blanks on some of it. I don't think it necessarily has to be quite so specific. It's hard. When you're done reading it, you are thoroughly filled in, but . . while reading it, it does seem like it goes on a bit at times. Like I said, I really like the book, and I like the direction that this series is taking with Helena's story. I don't feel like anything's been left out, but . . at the same time, that's kind of the point. Do you know what I mean? Besides that though, Birds of Prey is one of my favorite books, and the Huntress is probably my favorite character on that team. So it's nice to get some more of her history. The stories been told before, but not to this extent . . and with this amount of clarity. I do have one question though, when all's said and done . . will this be the history of our Huntress or the Earth-2 Huntress? Just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment