Monday, June 23, 2008

Batman - Deathmask #3 - DC


I've enjoyed this series to date. It's a little confusing to me, but . . I think that's just me. The story continues at a breakneck speed and next issue we'll get to our conclusion. Obviously, we can't have all the answers to soon or it'll spoil the ending. I think my problem comes from the art. Not the style or technique so much . . but the way it's drawn, a lot of the faces look alike. Without the narrative I wouldn't be sure which characters were which. Obviously this has something to do with the time Bruce spent in Japan training, and, I would hazard the guess, it's specifically related to that family with whom he trained and dwelled. But, the man/woman behind the mask seems to big to be the old man that trained him, so . . I wonder who it is. Also I don't really understand why this person is so obsessed with Batman, to the point that he thinks that the Batman is the one that has been pursuing him. That seems a bit twisted around. Anyways, to prompt this much conjecture just shows the talent of Yoshinori Natsume . . the writer/artist of this series. This being my first real foray in to Manga . . I have to say it's interesting, and seems to contain a lot of drama . . not unlike a soap opera. But I also have to admit that if it waste for the Batman, I don't think that I would be enjoying this series as much. I don't know. I guess I'm just old-school. But, as a Batman series, I am enjoying it and can't wait to see how it wraps up next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment