Monday, June 09, 2008

Teen Titans #59 - DC


I have to say, I actually enjoyed Eddy Barrows on this book. He's got a kind of frantic . . action paced look to his stuff, and it worked very well with this particular story-line. Of course it may be Ruy Jose' inks also. This issue is another Dark Side Club book. It turns out that the Clock King is after the Titans, because the he has a standing order with the Club to deliver 6 meta-powered fighters. Unfortunately, right now he only has Kid Devil and Miss Martian. And, in the scheme of things, Robin doesn't count . . because, he's not powered. But we do find out that the Ravager faked her death, in the explosion, so she could follow the Terror Titans back to their base. It turns out, at Titan Tower, the Clock King left behind a message for Robin. It's a pocket watch, but when it's put together right, it emits a holographic message. He wants Robin to bring the rest of the Titans to his tower. But right now, there's really only 3 of them left. Himself, Wonder Girl and Blue Beetle. His minions go after the other 2, but the Clock King wants to save Robin for himself. " . . as much as I looked forward to matching wits with you . . what I really wanted was to test myself against your renowned fighting prowess. See, I live in a perpetual state of precognition. While my consciousness exists in the present, I'm constantly aware of what's to happen approximately 4.6692 seconds from now. Therefore, every move you make . . I've already seen coming." By the end of the issue, he's got Robin a bloodied mess on the ground, and it looks like he's ready to deliver the killing blow. I like what Sean McKeever's doing with this story. I think what we're doing right now, is getting the team down to basics, and then we're going to go through a rebuilding period. I can't imagine that we'd only stick with these 6 members. The big guns are over in the other Titans book right now. So they may be pulling in some members that we weren't expecting. Only time will tell. I think this is a fantastic series with a great cast of characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment