Monday, June 23, 2008

Robin - Spoiler Special #1 - DC


I enjoyed this book even more than I thought I would. I'm glad that the Spoiler is back, and . . I'm glad that it's Stephanie. If you think about it . . it's really not that big of a leap. I mean, especially after Bruce helped Selina fake the death of her alternate personality. But she did it for her daughter. Apparently, Bruce did it for Stephanie to protect her. This issue is really just 2 stories about Tim and Stephanie hanging out . . doing what they do. The conflict here is going to be in their personal relationship. Tim still has feeling for Steph . . as I'm sure, so does she . . but . . they've both changed. Neither of them is the same person that they were the last time they were together. I think they're going to try to pick up right where they left off . . but, it ain't gonna work. We don't get a whole lot of the story, but from what we do get a hint of . . it looks like Stephanie spent some time in Africa with Leslie. From the last issue of Robin, we also know that Leslie was in on the whole thing. But we don't know . . yet . . what all happened to them during that time that they were out of Gotham. But, I'm sure we're going to hear more about it. Chuck Dixon writes both stories. The first one's art is by Rafael Albuquerque . . from Blue Beetle fame. It had a really good feel to it. The art on the second is by Victor Ibanez. I don't recognize his work, but I will say that he has a really nice style to him. I'm sure we're going to see more of Stephanie in the future. Will she get her own book? Only time . . and your requests . . will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment