Monday, June 09, 2008

JSA Classified #38 - DC


Mike W Barr always writes a pretty intriguing story. I really don't think it was his fault that I was bored with this one. I think my disinterest comes from seeing so much of Wildcat in the last few issues. He's one of those characters that it's great to see him every now and then. The occasional team-up with Catwoman or the Huntress are usually pretty good. But, to much of him . . . is to much. This looks to be an interesting story, but . . I was just having a hard time getting in to it because I've seen enough of the character recently. Also, I wasn't overly thrilled with Shawn Martinbrough's art. It was ok. It kind of had that Phil Hester look to it. So while it's decent, and shows talent . . it's also, to me, kind of campy at the same time. Anyways, the combination, for me, really didn't work. Plus, when it comes down to it, Wildcat is no Batman. He tries to be a detective, but his fighting prowess takes him a lot farther than his brain ever will. I'm not saying he's dumb. But he usually stumbles his was in to situations, and then has to use his brawn to get his fat out of the fire. Like I said, it's ok every now and then, but since it's pretty much the same every time . . it gets tedious. I really do like the character. But with the huge cast of JSA heroes to choose from, can't we see a story about someone else? Occasionally?

No comments:

Post a Comment