Sunday, June 22, 2008

Shadowpact #25 - DC


I've really enjoyed this book. Plus I love these characters. I think it's pretty cool that Danny got his powers back . . oh wait . . I don't think I was supposed to spoil that. Oh well, you'll have to read it if you don't know how he did it. Anyways, this is the final issue of the series and it's the showdown with the Sun King and Dr. Gotham. Needless to say . . they beat them both. But actually, I thought it was kind of anti-climatic. I mean, there was all this build-up . . all these Shadowpacts from various times across Earth's history . . and even a few little teasers as to how some of them are connected and where some of the characters may be going from here. All the spell-casters get together and one of them has an idea that if they want to beat them, they'll need to draw in their energy from all the different times in which they're attacking. They do . . they siphon off his power . . and boom!! It's over! Granted, that was drawn out and took up most of the book, but really . . that's about how it happened. Next thing we know, they're all back in the Oblivion bar and they're hoisting ale to celebrate their victory. The Phantom Stranger even stops for a second to give them all a word of encouragement. But it's not really the end. There's a Reign in Hell mini-series coming up in a couple of months, and I guess the Shadowpact is going to play a pretty significant role in it. Like I said, it always seems like Phil Winslade comes on at the end of the series. This is the second or third time that he's done it . . that I can think of. Which is kind of sad because now I have this negative connotation about him, but I really enjoy his work. Oh well . .that won't be the first, or last, time that's happened. Like I said, I've enjoyed the book and I'll be sad to see it go. Hopefully we'll see them all around the DC Universe . . soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment