Sunday, June 01, 2008

DC Super Friends #3 - DC


As a kid, I absolutely loved the Super-Friends cartoon. I thought the Wonder-Twins were a little goofy, but, other than that, I liked it. However, at the time, I didn't realize just how simple some of those stories were. Especially the one's near the end of the series. But this title has reminded me of all that. Don't get me wrong, I think the kids would enjoy this title. But personally, I can't find the same enjoyment in it as the of the Titans or Legion books. Pardon me for saying it, but this one really seems "dummied-down". I just couldn't enjoy it. I hate to say it, but this may be the Johnny DC title that I have to drop. You know . . budgets, gas prices, falling IRA values and all of that. I hate to think of my hobby in economic terms, but . . sometimes I have to. I'll go 1 more issue, and then that'll probably be it. For me at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment