Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ultimate X-Men #82 - Marvel



I like the X-men. And, if you've read any of my blogs, you know that I love the Ultimate universe. But . . . I feel like we're trudging through the same old crap here. Yes I know, it's set up to be a little different than the regular universe. But, other that a variation of the same 'ol same 'ol . . . we're going through the same 'ol stuff here. NightCrawler has gone off looking for the Morlocks. He feels disenfranchised by the world, and by the X-men in particular. So he's looking for something different. Well he's found Callisto and Caliban. Big surprise. Scott wants the school to be a real school, so he's looking for some new students. Obviously he can't use Cerebro, so he has to do it the old fashioned way, by beatin' the streets. He sends Toad to the Morlocks also, although he doesn't know that is where NightCrawler went. After a test of mettle, the Morlocks decide to let NightCrawler in. But, then when Toad shows up, they think it's to much of a coincidence and that they must be spys. So they have their first prisoners of war. Them against the world. I guess. Also Storm and Bishop are out recruiting a new battle team. This issue they recruit Pyro, and on the last page look up Dazzler. I don't know. I do like the book. But, like I said, other that a little of a twist on things, it really is just the same 'ol same 'ol. It would be nice if they could do something different here. Something that maybe hasn't already been done over in Uncanny or the X-men. I feel like, sometimes, we're just rehashing the history of the X-men. Like they're taking the old stories and just putting different characters in different places. Nice try. But it's boring. And I hate for a book that I really like to be boring. Please do something different. Live up to the Ultimate name. Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment