Saturday, June 02, 2007

Jonah Hex #19 - DC


This is such a cool book. I really like the way that Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti are writing it. And, after the last couple of issues, with Phil Noto doing the artwork, I really feel that we're back on track, creatively wise. Overall, through this whole series, each book has been it's own self contained story. With the exception of the origin issues. But now they're starting to get to the point where they have more than one storyline going on in each issue. This issue, Hex is hired by a man who runs this town, to find his nephew's who've been missing. In the process he runs across a Madame who seems to like to seduce men, kill them and then after stealing all their possessions, dump their bodies in an old abandoned mine. The two stories really don't overlap, other than that Hex finds out about the one, while he's looking for the other. But actually, as soon as he was hired, I think he knew where the 2 men were because he was the one that killed them. But in the process of bringing the 2 dead men's bodies back, he seems to have incurred the wrath of the rich man, and may now have a bounty hunter on his own tail. I understand why they do the stories the way they do. Because there's not really a continuity to his adventures. And it really doesn't matter how they all fit together. But I also like that their starting to make them a little more complicated with some twists and turns along the way. Overall though, and I'm finding this hard to say, but in this day and age, I'm really diggin' this western series. It's a nice change of pace. Unfortunately it's caused me to spend some money on E-bay, but, I probably would've done that anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment