Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman #20 - Marvel



This issue seemed to revolve mostly about giving us more information about our elusive Ms. Arrow. Peter finds out this issue, with the help of Betty Brant, " . . . they were there . . in Stark towers . . they . . they ate the skin of my old body . . . and I realized what they were . . . Pirate spiders . . . mimetidae family . . . genus: Ero . . . also called Cannibal spiders, since they feed on other spiders . . . and there was this creature . . this thing made entirely of spiders . . spiders of the genus: Ero . . . Ero . . . which sounds a hell of a lot like . . ." So besides her trying to disrupt Peter's life, it's also time for her to mate. And her chosen mate . . . is Flash Thompson. "By this time tomorrow, Flash Thompson shall be my mate . . . and my host . . . and after that . . . my sustenance." Kind of . . uh . . Hannibal Lecturish there. Eeeww! So now Peter has to stop Arrow, or Ero, and save Flash. Just a typical day in the life . . right? This book has come a long way from whence it first started. I was a little hard on the first couple story-arc's. Especially that one about the Green Goblin from the future. Don't get me started. Anyways, I like the book a lot better now. And in particular I like this story-arc. So my advice? Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment