Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ghost Rider #11 - Marvel


This has been a fantastic incarnation so far. Daniel Way seems to have a very firm grasp of his characters. The way he's playing and manipulating Lucifer, is pretty original, I think. And I gotta say, for this whole run, I've thought, "What a huge waste of talent, to have 2 such distinguished artists on the same series, one doing layouts, and the other doing finishes." But, I gotta tell you, you sure can't argue about the results. Javier Saltares and Mark Texeira are turning in some beautiful pages for this series. I mean, there are some frames in here that could end up in the Ghost Rider museum, for all of time. And just for your information, I think they're building it down the street and around the corner from the Flash museum. They wanted it closer to the Superman museum, but Clark wrote this really bad article about Johnny that put a stop to that. So they're just going to have to settle for being kitty-cornered from Guy's theme bar. Not a bad location really. It's on the #666 bus route. But that bus always runs late. Anyways, the panel on the top of the second page, with GR throwing out his chain, is classic. The panel at the bottom of the 3rd page, with GR standing in the wreckage of all the zombies is pretty cool. "You . . . I can't believe . . do you even know how hard it was for me to raise an entire zombie army? Do you even care?" Then there's the full page on 9, where GR's bike jumps a car and shoots up in the air to bring a falling GR down after blowing up the Jack-O-Lantern disk he was riding. That one could be a picture for the movie. And then the full page on 19, where GR, after killing J-O-L, is crushing his flaming head under his boot. Perfection! Anyways, if you couldn't tell, I love this series, I love this character, and I love the creative talent behind it. You guys are brilliant. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment