Sunday, June 10, 2007

Noble Causes #29 - Image



Dawn and Celeste are no longer an item. I think. I mean, Celeste killed Dawn's mother. And Dawn showed up shortly thereafter. . . . so . . . I'm thinking maybe . . . they won't be hooking up any more. True . . Kitty begged Celeste to kill her. But . . . I'm not sure Celeste is going to be able to convince Dawn of that. On yeah . . . and during the fight . . . Dawn let it slip that the Blackthornes had given Zephyr the same virus as Kitty's . . . hoping that Doc would develop an antidote. Celeste wasn't very happy about that. But what she doesn't know . . . is that it was Slate that gave it to her, because he and Zephyr have developed a friendship. During the funeral, Celeste shows up to pay her condolences, but, in typical "super-hero style drama" a battle ensues. The rest of the Noble clan is soon there, and then it's just a free-for-all between both families. Zephyr and Slate decide that they have to join the battle, but they're going to try to control the casualties. Then, to everyone's surprise, it's Race that stops the fight. "This all started when Pierce died, and now Mrs. Blackthorne's death has only ramped things up. Everyone just listen. I have a way to fix all of this. All of it. I can bring your wife and son back." He wants to use Doc's "reality-shifter" to let Hunter go to another dimension and look for another Kitty and Pierce to bring back with him. Much in the same way that Liz came to them. So with a little discussion, Hunter is off to look for his wife and son. "Noble, for a long time, I held your son responsible for Pierce's death. Now I hold him responsible for setting things right." Great story. Definitely a super-hero soap-opera. Like the cover says, "Sex, Secrets, and Super Powers." I wasn't to thrilled with the fill in artist this issue. But I still love this book. Jay Faerber definitely has me hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment