Thursday, June 07, 2007

Nightwing #132 - DC


First of all, I want to say that Paco Diaz does the art on this issue, and it is astounding. It looks really, really good. Crisp clean lines, vibrant, and the perfect feel for this book. Hopefully he'll stick around here for awhile. This issue kind of wraps up the Bride & Groom storyline. We were led to believe, mostly by what the Groom has told the Bride, that the Bride needs him to survive. They found each other, way back when, and have been living this symbiotic relationship ever since. The Groom finds people with power, points them out to the Bride, and then she leeches their life-force to sustain her existence. But truth be told, he needs her just as much. Without her, he could do what he does, but he wouldn't have been able to live as long as her. He would've died when he ran out of life-force. So he taps hers, without her knowing it. Long story short, there's a big battle. They don't end up taking out the pair, but they do end up stuck underground in a cave. "Lot's of things I still need to know Thomas. Lot of questions. Besides, you've been keeping yourself alive by taking my energy. So now I'm going to feed on yours. You know, it's going to take almost forever to did our way out of here. But that's okay. We've got plenty of time. After all, you know what they say . . . . 'till death do us part!" So obviously we haven't seen the last of this pair. Or at least the Bride. It'll be interesting to see when and where she pops up again. Overall I really liked this book. I'm a big Marv Wolfman fan, so I'm diggin' his new stories. And like I said Paco Diaz just did a phenomenal job with this issue. If it stays like this, I'll be around for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment