Sunday, June 03, 2007

Midnighter #7 - Wildstorm


This book had me confused at first. Basically the MidNighter is trying to take out this eco-terrorist group that claims it's trying to save the world by turning all the crude on the planet in to water. Well . . . all except the stash that they have of course. Which they'll then profit from. Isn't that the way it always is? Anyways, all through the story, he keeps talking about how he already knows the outcome before he starts a fight. "See, I'm one of those jerks who always skips ahead to the last page of a book before he reads it. I find a closing scene I love, then I work my way back to the beginning to figure out exactly how it all went down. It's the same way my crazy brain processes every possible outcome for a battle before the first punch is even thrown." I mean we all know that, I just wasn't sure why he kept reemphasizing it. And the storyline was a bit confusing. Kind of jumbled and out of sequence. I guess. So then I get all the way to the last page and it dawns on me, if I read this book from back to front, it'll actually make sense. And it does. So my guess is that the whole point of this exercise was to show us how the MidNighter sees a story. And actually, it was very effective. A very good story by Brian K Vaughan. You know, from Ex-Machina fame. And another book drawn by Darick Robertson this month. This guy must be trying to get some serious overtime. Anyways, loved the book. But I gotta ask, when will we see more Authority or WildCats books. WildCats has only had 1 issue come out. And the Authority has only had 2. What's the deal? If we could get them, we'd buy them. Kind of like the Field of Dreams thing. Just wanted to let you know that we're patiently waiting. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment