Saturday, June 30, 2007

Deadman #10 - Vertigo


Man is this book confusing. And yes . . I know that's the gist of it . . . but man is this book confusing. Ok, from what I understand, somehow Sarah lost her baby. Well . . not lost it in the traditional sense. More like, one day she was pregnant, and one day she wasn't. I know. I don't quite understand either. Anyways, somehow this Eve Kendall ended up with it. Well Brandon is remote viewing them. But, Eve is either mentally "broken", or they have her so sedated that she's having a hard time distinguishing dreams from reality. To complicate matters, I think Brandon is viewing them through the baby. So the baby, and therefore Brandon, is feeling what Eve feels. And that's a lot of confusion. But he does know that her husband Jack and a Dr. Heinrich are involved. So they go back to Professor Plum's house to try to get some more information. There they find some tapes of his experiments. They find one with Scott doing some remote viewing for them. But before they can see to much, someone who says he's from Scotland Yard comes to bugger them away. Fortunately Brandon breaks free, takes one of their cars and speed off. With the help of Scott, he remembers that since he's dead he can move his body to a different plane, so he does. There they talk about what he knows about Eve, and he deduces that she's in the states. L.A. to be exact. So he goes to her and tries to talk to her. Meanwhile the Yard guys have take Sarah in to a basement room and have her blindfolded. My guess is they're going to use her to get to Brandon. That's the basis of the story. However when you read it, there's a lot of other stuff thrown in that makes it very confusing to follow. But since there's only a couple of issue left, I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I'm satisfied, or less confused, about the conclusion. Don't get me wrong, I like it, I'm just a little buggered right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment