Thursday, June 07, 2007

Green Arrow #74 - DC


We ended up last issue, with our quartet of mercenaries working together. First time in quite a long while. Ollie, Dinah, Conner and Mia. Together again, for the first time. And it's really just in time, because Brick is putting together his own little group. The worst of which is Merlyn. But even Merlyn's surprised at how much Ollie has improved. But since Dinah showed up literally right before they jumped in to battle, they haven't had time to get reacquainted. So as soon as the battle ends, they jump in to their usual shouting match, and then they jump right in to bed. For days! Dinah's noticed something too. "Ollie . . you're different. There's so many qualities that I admire in you. More that anyone I've ever met. But the flip-side . . . you should be taken out back and beaten. Oliver . . . I don't see that flip-side anymore. That man's gone . . . isn't he? Like the man whose been celibate for a year? I don't believe you. It's herculean! It's impossible! How can you shut off a waterfall? How do you stop gravity from working?" To which Ollie simply replies, "I was waiting for you. I wasn't going to come after you. I wasn't going to pursue you anymore. I wanted to be . . . I wanted to be a better man . . . for you. And I was praying . . . you'd see it. See what I've done. To see, maybe . . . who I've become. I wanted you to come back to me." But then Brick and Merlyn rear their ugly heads again, and the 4 have to go back out in to battle. But this time Slade is there. "You should probably get more guys!" This is another book that I've just been raving about the creative talent. And it's still there. Judd Winick and Scott McDaniel are doing a brilliant job with this book. This book is now at the top of my favorites pile every month. And it appears to be getting better. Somehow! I'm telling you, if you're not getting this book, you need to. And if you can go back to find any of the back issues, you should. They're definitely worth the effort and the money. You won't be dissapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment