Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Superman #662 - DC


After almost 1100 posts, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do this. I'm also trying to catch up. During the holiday season, I got a little behind. That's why, book wise, I'm about 3 to 4 weeks behind when they come out. I still want to post in a relative order to when they were printed, just because there's so many stories nowadays that are directly related to each other. You know, with this whole 52 and Civil War thing going on. And I'm getting there gradually. My ultimate goal is to post the books that come out, on any given week, before I purchase the next weeks books. But that's easier said than done. Especially considering the number of books that I read every week. Also taking in to account that I usually put in about 60 hrs a week at my day job. And my usual habit seems to be to pick up more titles rather that cutting back. There's just so much good stuff out there. Anyways, I'm trying to decide between reading books ahead, and then going back and posting, or read and post at the same time. But that way, I really only have enough time to read and post about 3 to 4 books a day. If I spend anymore time than that, I start getting badgered by the espouse. Anyways, this book is mostly about Superman trying to make up his mind about what to do about Arion's ultimatum. He's kind of reflecting on all his unresolved issues out there. We get a little glimpse of one of those with Subjekt 17 in the beginning of this book. Seems he's wandering around Tibet right now, trying to get a feel for the human condition. Meanwhile Superman is also looking to try to figure out who Arion was referring to when he made reference to the 3rd Kryptonian. He's ruled out Power-Girl, Krypto and Chris came along after his predictions, so he's trying to figure out who he was talking about. He also goes and talks to Sirocco, even though he hasn't given himself that name yet, to try to figure out what he know about this "Khyber", or Hassan-I-Sabah. Sirocco refers to him as the "bloody-handed master of assassins" or the "Lord of Alamut". Superman doesn't fully believe the story that he tells him, but he doesn't relay his doubt to Sirocco. He then heads home to find that Metropolis has been inundated by what appears to be New Gods. So next issue we'll find out what this is all about. And it looks like the Arion thing is going to be stretched out for at least a few more issues. Kurt Busiek is crafting a nice story here. And I'm really diggin' Carlos Pacheco's artwork. Overall a very nice issue, and definitely an intriguing storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment