Saturday, June 02, 2007

Batman Confidential #5 - DC


I've said this a few times, but Andy Diggle is fantastic at these war / military type stories. And I may be putting myself out on a limb here, but I would venture to say . . . he's almost as good at them as . . . Garth Ennis. I know some people may not agree with me on that, but this guy deserves more credit than he's getting. And I really think he's fantastic. I'm also glad to see that Whilce Portacio will be finishing this story-arc. He didn't over in his own book, WetWorks. So I was a little worried about this one. But it looks like he's going to see it through to the end. Last issue, after receiving his defense contract, Luthor basically took over every military base in the US. He has built all these GI Robots, and their human counterparts are really no match for 'em. Then along comes Batman, and his own advanced military designs. This particular issue seems to be solely about Batman's penetration into this base. What he doesn't destroy, he obtains control of, and by the end of the book he seems to have successfully infiltrated and regained control of the entire base. Including the GI Robots. Which has Luthor furious. Next issue should be a hell of a ride, because it's titled "Army of One". I don't know if that's referring to Luthor or Batman. But either way, by the end of this story-arc, I think Batman will have successfully established himself as a huge thorn in Luthor's side. And when all's said and done, you couldn't ask for anything more than that. This is a fantastic book.

No comments:

Post a Comment