Saturday, June 23, 2007

Legion of Super-Heroes in the 31st Century #2 - DC


This is another cool Johnny DC book. This one seems a little above the average kids reading level though. It's the same type of story, last issue they rescued Timber Wolf, this issue he promises his talent to the team, and ends up pulling Brainiac 5 out of a hairy situation. Just like the usual Johnny DC stories. About teamwork, camaraderie, and just being there for your friends. But since we're in the future, I guess, the language is a little more complex. I'm just thinking of my 7 year old nephew, who I've been picking up these books for, trying to read this one. He'd learn some new words. But I think he'd get a little frustrated trying to make it through it. I enjoyed the book though. Like I've said with all the other Johnny DC books, they stay right with the same feel and look of the animated series. Cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment