Sunday, June 03, 2007

American Virgin #14 - Vertigo


It's taken 14 issues, but I finally think I have a handle on these characters. Well . . . most of them anyways. Last issue we learned that Mel was actually a girl. He/she came on to Cyndi, and that's when we find out. But before anything can happen, a palm tree comes crashing through the roof of the pool house. Seems there's a hurricane getting ready to blow in to town. Anyways, Adam goes off to judge his pageant, because he still looking for one of the girls on his list. Come to find out, the make-up girl for the current pageant, is the one name he hadn't been able to find. When she was in the pageant she changed her name. And when he was in the crashed plane, hence to cover, it was she who he saw as his saviour as he was about to drown. So, believing in signs, he thinks that all the signs are pointing towards her. But she's leaving town right after the pageant. She's going touring. Where? "Don't know. That's what touring's all about. Wherever I can get a cheap flight, or a free place to crash . . . sorry . . . stay . . . wherever the wind takes me." So on the last page of the issue, Adam decides to go along with her, and find out if their love is real. Interesting book. I don't know if it's necessarily my cup of tea. But, I do enjoy Steven T Seagle's writing. So I'm giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment