Sunday, June 03, 2007

Ex-Machina #27 - Wildstorm


I was looking back at previous post, and it's been almost 3 months since I posted for issue #26 of this series. But that's not unusual, because when I looked back farther, the closest ones were about 6 weeks apart, and some are 3 months or longer. I guess I didn't realize there was that long of a wait between issues of this book. Just kinda' took me by surprise, I guess. Anyways, we still got that guy, whom I think is from the future, and kinda' looks like somebody off of Jeac Cousteau, pursuing the Mayor. But, with the events of this issue, I think he's trying to help him. Even though we do have to wait between issues, I'm glad that the creative forces behind this book have remained constant through it's entirety. As I've said since day 1, Brian K Vaughn and Tony Harris are doing a fantastic job with this book. I don't think it gets the critical praise that it deserves, but it will. Right now there's a power outage, kind of like the one that happened a couple of years ago, that took out most of New York and part of Canada. And this new guy, we don't know his name yet, is somehow hooked in to it. He goes to Kremlin, to try to get to Mayor Hundred, but of course Kremlin overreacts and shoots him. So now his suit is damaged. But he's still trying to get to Hundred to warn him of something. And to give him some information, "I think I can shed some light on what you are." Doesn't that sound ominous? Anyways it looks as if this story-arc may be an origin type thing for Mayor Hundred. And the issues seem to be coming out fast and furious, because I think counting this one, I have 3 in the pile waiting to be read. So when I read it, I'll fill you in on . . . the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment