Saturday, June 23, 2007

Aquaman : Sword of Atlantis #52 - DC


Ok, I have to admit, I was a little rough on Shawn McManus a few issues ago. Now that I'm seeing more of his work, I'm liking it more. I still say that one issue had some rushed pages. But this one is pretty solid. I have to say though, I'm a little iffy now about Tad Williams story. Admittedly it may not be entirely his fault. When he took over, there was a whole lot of muddy story-lines out there. It seems like we were going in about 4 or 5 different directions. And it seems like Tad is trying to wrap some of them up and still keep everything tied together. I wish him luck. I love this character. And I love that he has such a rich supporting cast, and such a rich history. But sometimes, especially on this book, I think they try to tap in to to much at the same time. And I know that's hard, because Arthur has so many interconnecting story-lines out there. But I'm really hoping that Tad will be able to muck his way through all that in about 3 or 4 issues. This one ends with Dr. Phillip Curry, Arthur's father, still being alive. And . . . Black Manta wanting to kill everyone. What's so unusual about that? Maybe King Shark will show up to save the day. By the way, I'm really diggin' these Kaluta covers. Simply breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment