Saturday, June 02, 2007

Teen Titans #46 - DC


Another fantastic team book by DC. They're really on a roll here with JLA, JSA, Outsiders, Legion and the Titans. All fantastic books. This one kind of wraps up the Titans East / Titans West storyline. Basically, the good guys take out the bad guys, but Deathstroke and Inertia escape. Big surprise there. We also get to see the original Titans, Nightwing, Wondergirl, Flash and Cyborg come to their aid, with the help of Raven. They seem to have control of Match, the Superboy clone, by having Joey make contact with him. Also Kid Devil has gotten his powers back from Kid Crusader. Even though it means that he'll still be held to the agreement he made with Neron. But Raven helped him to get them back, and I think in the process, she got a little insight in to what he's up against. Ultimately I think Slade's goal was to give Rose and Joey a family. The Titans have welcomed them, but not fully. Because of their association with their father. However, through conflict they have seen them stand by their side, and are now more fully accepting of them. Like I said, ultimately that was Slade's intentions behind this whole thing. "I'm many things . . . a mercenary, a killer, a soldier . . . but I'm no father. I know for a fact now the Titans will take good care of my children. Though they'll never know it, I've given them a final gift of love, the one thing I could never provide them with myself . . . a real family." A great story by Adam Beechen and Geoff Johns. I'm also really impressed with the artwork of Al Barrionuevo. I'm sad the Tony Daniel's is gone, but Al's a pretty good replacement. This particular incarnation of this team has been brilliant since issue #1. We've had some creative changes, but I really think the book is getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment