Saturday, June 23, 2007

Supergirl #17 - DC


I'm actually a fan of Ale Garza's pencils. But after having Ian Churchill on this book for so long . . . . I gotta' get used to the change. I feel bad, because I really do like his stuff. But there also is really no comparison. But . . . I'll get used to it. Joe Kelly is still writing this book, for now anyways, and I really dig this character. So . . . it'll be ok. I'll just miss Ian. Honestly though . . . nothing against Ale. He turned in a really solid issue. I like the look of the book. We see some more about Kara's secret mission. She's supposed to kill Superman, to stop the curse of the phantom zone. And it appears, right now anyways, that there may have been some truth to her father's words. Either that or someone's going to an awful lot of trouble to make it look that way. And knowing how devious Zod is, I wouldn't put anything past him. But it seems as if Kara's crystals have a way of breaking the influence. When she stabs Robin, she doesn't hurt him, and instead, helps him to clear his mind. But with the whole world like this, how many crystals can one girl make. With the transference of Robin, she's got 1 person on her side. Well . . . except for Superman. He's starting to accept that he may be the root of the problem. And he's accepted his fate. But before Kara can do anything about it either way . . . . Supergirl shows up. Another Supergirl. She claims to be the real one? What's this all about? We'll have to wait until next issue to find out. I'm a firm believer that the writer makes the book. The artist can be good, or great even. But that's just window dressing. The real meat & potatoes come from the story. And if you don't have that . . . . you can't sell a book on art alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment