Sunday, June 03, 2007

PainkillerJane - Episode 7 - Higher Court - SciFi Channel


This episode was about a neuro that somehow lost his daughter. Not really important to the story though. So he decides that he's going to tap in to the Witness Protection program files, and start eliminating serious offenders. I guess he can get in to your mind, and get you to see whatever he wants you to. Somehow he works it around whatever environment that someone he's after is in, and then he uses that to kill him. Such as one guy was on this rooftop bar. When he went to get a drink, he made it so he saw the bar farther away than it actually was. So, when walking to the bar, the guy walks right off the roof. Or this other guy, he makes him think that he's looking at a bunch of classic cars for sale. Actually he's in a warehouse. So as he's walking around looking at cars, he decides he's going to look around at the inside of one. Well in this factory there's a laser cutter, so when he looks in the car, his heads going to go right through the beam. Luckily, though, Jane and her team happens to be around for this one, and they save the guy. This is also where the perp made his mistake. This target was also in the WP program, but, he wasn't an offender, he was a lawyer. So when they cross referenced his files with someone who may have lost a loved one on one of his cases, they found our guy. The lawyer was prosecuting the guy who killed his daughter, but somehow he messed up the chain of evidence and the killer walked. I guess this sent our neuro over the edge. So then they just had to find him, figure out some way to trick him, so they could get close enough to "chip" him, and wrap up the case. Don't get me wrong, I don't like this episode any better than any of the others, but . . . it was an interesting story. But . . . all my convictions about what is wrong with this series . . . haven't changed. I just don't feel like getting in to them all again. If you're unsure about how I feel about this series, read any of my last 5 or 6 blogs on this show. I'm sticking with it, because I want to see if they can fix it. But . . . . I'm not very optimistic about that happening. So I'll continue to fill you in. And I'll continue to feel that they're really messing up this character. Too bad . . . really!

No comments:

Post a Comment