Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Shazam! - the Monster Society of Evil - #3 - DC


Couple things I gotta say right up front here. First of all, I'm a huge Captain Marvel fan. And I don't care about the whole DC / Marvel thing, I still call him Captain Marvel. Secondly I'm a big Jeff Smith fan. I love pretty much everything he's done. Now that being said, I was bored to tears this issue. Like I've said before, this was one of those issues, that when you go back later to look at all 4, you could leave completely out of the reading, and it wouldn't make much of a difference at all. This could've been a 3 issue series, and it wouldn't have made a bit of difference, because this issue was inconsequential. I usually read at night, shortly before I go to bed, or as I'm trying to relax. It took me 3 times picking up this book and reading it, before I made it all the way through the issue. It kept putting me to sleep. Literally. Except for finding out that the Animal-men, or I guess the members of the Monster Society, were coming out of, or being changed by, the 2 giant robots in the park, and learning that Dr. Sivana is some how hooked in to the whole thing, there really wasn't anything else that was pertinent this issue. So it was a waste of paper, and a waste of $6 to buy it. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that this series sucks. I'm just saying that this particular issue . . . was pointless. And I feel cheated. But what am I going to do? Next issue, we'll wrap up the series, and I'm sure I'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment