Saturday, June 23, 2007

the Ultimates 2 - #13 - Marvel


This one is actually kind of sad . . . in a way. This book wraps up the Ultimates 2. I'm glad they kept Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch on the whole series, to keep it consistent. But, I can guess at their reasoning for letting the book end. I'm thinking that they're going to start over with a new creative team. This one was fantastic, but with each of them having so much on their plates, it was getting hard to get issues out. I mean right from the beginning, we waited 2 or 3 months between issues. Then, as the series moved on, those time frames got lengthier and lengthier. It's been about 8 months, or maybe a little longer, since issue #12 came out. So, I believe, that this particular series was becoming impractical for pretty much everyone involved. And although we all loved it, it's probably better to end it and move on to the next chapter. I'm sure we'll see all these heroes back together again. Actually right now, they're over in the Ultimate Power book. With . . . pretty much everyone else from the Ultimate Universe. Actually, they do give us a nice little parting gift in this book. The centerfold fold out and is actually a nice little 8 page mini poster. When I first saw it, I started unfolding it, and I thought "WOW!". But then I realized that the other side unfolded also. I spread the whole thing out . . . and I was just blown away. I'm also blown away by who they execute at the end. This was a fantastic ending to a fantastic series. Like I said, I just hope that we see an Ultimates 3 coming up sometime in the near future. This is just to good of a team, and a concept, to not have listed somewhere in the upcoming issues. Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment