Thursday, November 26, 2009

Teen Titans #77 - DC

This issue wasn't at all what I expected. I guess the cover threw me off. This issue is entirely about the ghosts of Slade Wilson . . Deathstroke the Terminator. If you don't know everything about this character already, you will by the time you get done reading this one. We start out with Wintergreen's download . . that's the informational stage that the Black Rings go through before the bring the corpses back to life . . or a semblance of it. Wintergreen was Slade's confidant, best friend and colleague. But in the end . . Slade chopped his head off. Or rather Joey did, when he possessed his father. Anyways, it's a big family reunion. Slade is looking through Wintergreen's journals at one of his safe houses . . he's destroying them all. He's trying to start over. Anyways, Rose shows up. She wants to kill him for everything that he's put her through over the years. But before she gets the chance . . Grant, and Slade's brother, Wade show up. Grant almost takes out Slade, but then Rose jumps in. I don't think she was necessarily trying to save him. I just think she wanted him for herself. And it's not bad enough that these 2 psychotics are brought back, but then Wintergreen and Adeline show up. On the final page we get the real surprise of the book. As Rose is trying to burn up Grant in the fireplace, who should show up but . . Joey. I guess he's alive after all. So now I'm wondering how much of this has been the work of the Black Lanterns, and how much was Joey's creation. He's warped enough to jump in on this band-wagon just for the revenge factor. And that's what a family reunion at the Wilson household looks like. I really liked the story that JT Krul gave us here. Like I said, if you weren't familiar with Slade's character, his history and family . . you should be by the end of this issue. And Joe Bennett did a great job with the art. My only complaint? We didn't see a single Titan. Well . . Rose. But I'm not actually sure that she's a Titan anymore. I'd ask Cassie, but . . she's nowhere to be found. Next issue will probably be pretty much the same. I hope we get some Titans in there though.

No comments:

Post a Comment