Thursday, November 05, 2009

Red Tornado #3 - DC

When I read the first 2 issues of this book I was a little disappointed that Ed Benes does the covers, but . . he doesn't do the interiors. I love Ed's work. But . . Jose Luis does the inside art. However, after reading the first 2 issues . . I think this guy shows a lot of potential also. His style kind of has the same feel to it that Ed's does. It's very action oriented. It's not completely consistent, yet. But . . like I said, I think Jose shows some huge potential here. I have a feeling this guys just going to get better and better. Anyways, in the story, the Red Tornado family finally get together. Well . . kind of. In the first 2 issues Red Volcano went to TO Morrow for some answers. He's the one that actually created this little dysfunctional family. Morrow told Volcano about Seth Aiden, Red Inferno. Red Torpedo had been stashed away in one of the sunken ships off Pearl Harbor, and had recently activated a homing beacon. Apparently, only the members of the Red Tornado family could hear it. Anyways, Tornado rescued her, but it also irritated Volcano and somehow activated Inferno. He was just a normal kid, until he burst into flames and flew out the window. This all happened during his High School swim meet. Tornado and Torpedo have also gone to Morrow. But they've just missed Volcano. Volcano has gone after Inferno and is trying to bend him to his needs. After finding Seth's parents and destroying them, and the community . . he takes Seth there, to show him the carnage, and blames it on the military. That's how he talks Inferno into taking out a military satellite. And then . . they attack Yuma air base. We don't know why yet, but it looks like the military is going to mistake Tornado and Torpedo as the attackers, because they've arrived shortly after the other 2 have left. I think Kevin VanHook is doing a pretty decent job with this story. I like the introduction of these characters . . so far. But obviously Volcano is going to be the problem with this group. I don't think Inferno has been pushed past the edge yet, but . . we'll see. So far, I think this series is pretty interesting. What I think will tell the most though is what happens to these characters after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment