Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dark Reign the List - the Amazing Spider-man #1 - Marvel

First of all, the story in the back of this issue kind of confused me. It was reprinted from the Pulse #5, from Sept. 2004. But I didn't realize that at first. So it kind of threw me off. But . . after realizing what was going on . . it made sense because this is the story that really cemented Luke and Jessica's feelings about Norman Osborn. Before this they both knew who he was, but . . he was someone else's problem. This story? This story made the relationship between them personal. And I think this is what really set Luke and Jessica on their path. It was by Brian Bendis and Mark Bagley. Obviously, I didn't read the Pulse. So . . back to the main story of this issue. Spider-man was already #8 on Norman's hit-list, but . . this story really cemented his spot there. After brainstorming in a story session at the Front Line, Peter, Norah and Ben decide that it's past time that someone did something about Norman's rise to power. When Norah worked there as a receptionist, she derailed some packages . . slipping her own tags on them, and replacing them with useless boxes. One of those was the actual plans for the building which show a secret information vault. Later, when Norman and Victoria go up there for something or other they find Spider-man at the computers downloading information . . videos and stuff that can shine a corrupt light on Norman and his merry band of Avengers. So then the Iron Patriot and Spider-man begin this huge fight all over Manhattan. That is until Spider-man slips his chase, by losing the costume and blending into the crowd and ending up in a cyber-cafe downloading all the information on the drive to all the people on his 'friends' list. He then calls Norman out, as a normal man, in front of hundreds of witnesses. Of course there's nothing Norman can do. And now? Now Peter Parker has also made Norman's list. The story ends with Peter feeling pretty happy with himself. But . . his problems are only just beginning. I hope he realizes the size of the hornet's nest that he's just swatted at. I thought it was a great story by Dan Slott and Adam Kubert. Adam's art looked fantastic . . as usual. I'm not buying all of these List books . . only the ones pertaining to the stories that I read. But . . I did miss the one for Secret Warriors. I haven't been able to find it yet, but when I do I'll read it and stick it in here. If nothing else, the second printing is supposed to be out pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment