Thursday, November 05, 2009

the Mighty #10 - DC

Well . . the Mighty, Alpha One, has finally done it. He's finally brought Gabriel, Captain Cole in on his plan. Right from the beginning I thought he was up to some kind of experiment. I just thought that he was doing something to prolong his life, or help him maintain his power. It turns out . . in a twisted way, it's the rest of the world he's trying to save. In a nutshell his plan is this . . if he has a group, a family of super-powered people under his control, he feels that he will be able to maintain order. And the people of Earth will no longer try to eliminate themselves as they've done many, many times. To do this he's attempted procreation, but . . the 2 different species aren't compatible. So he's turned to genetics. He's found a way to splice his genes with those of normal humans and he's created super-powered beings. Gabriel's wife being one of them. Now, before bringing them on line, he needs to insert a 'kill-switch' to ensure compliance. And he's offered Gabriel the chance to become one of his chosen. Gabriel has accepted, but I don't necessarily think it's for the reasons that Alpha One wants. During his speech to Gabriel he says how he's basically raised and guided him to this position . . to this choice. 'Ever since I orphaned you.' So that means that he killed Gabriel's parents. I thought that, but . . I don't thing Gabriel has made the connection yet. So now, I'm guessing . . next issue Gabriel will become one of Alpha One's super-powered elite. I'm just wondering what his plans are to do with those powers. Peter J Tomasi and Keith Champagne have done a terrific job with this book. I've been on the edge of my seat at the end of every single issue. It's been a heck of a ride. And Chris Samnee's pencils have served to give this series it's feel. Unfortunately there's only 2 issues left. #12 is slated as the final issue. But I have a feeling a lot is going to happen between now and then. I can't wait to see how everything is shaken up.

No comments:

Post a Comment