Sunday, November 22, 2009

the Mighty Avengers #31 - Marvel

I have to say, since Dan Slott and Christos Gage took over on this book, I've really been enjoying it more and more every issue. Last issue Hank went off to Overspace to talk to Infinity. After that conversation, he came back and is hell-bent on fixing everything. He really seems to have a renewed sense of purpose. So he gathers up whomever is left at the Infinite Avengers Mansion, and takes off to Tibet and help them all defeat the Unspoken. It really is a team-work thing too. Between Pietro, Cassie, Amadeus, the Vision . . and of course Hank, I don't think they could've pulled it off without having each other's back. Long story short . . they defeat the Unspoken, by turning his own weapon against him. The Xerogen gas doesn't have any affects on him, but . . the chronal ray that he's using to grow crystals by accelerating time around them does. Basically they age him past the point of being any credible threat. If anything his own alpha-primates will have to attend to his every need for the rest of his miserable existence. Also during all of this, Pietro realizes that it was he that started this secret-war between Earth and the Inhumans. It all happened when he stole the Terrigen Crystals. So, at the end of the story, he tries to fix things by returning them to the Inhumans. But, at the same time, he tries to absolve himself by claiming that he was also replaced by a Skrull. The Inhumans accept his offer, and the war is called off. But, when he sees his daughter Luna . . she knows the truth. 'There was no Skrull. You lie. You always lie. I won't tell anyone . . I love you. I can't help that. But I can never respect you again. And every time you look at me, you'll see it. You'll always remember what you did. Even if it stays . . unspoken.' Talk about irony. Anyways, I'm glad that this story is finally wrapped up. Not for any reason other than that we can move on from here. This book has really gotten good in the last few issues. It's definitely moved up in my 'must-read' list. By the way, Sean Chen did a great job with the art. I hope he sticks around.

No comments:

Post a Comment