Thursday, November 26, 2009

Wolverine First Class #21 - Marvel

I like this book. I like seeing these younger X-Men. And . . I guess I kind of miss Kitty. The story was a bit predictable, but . . it was still enjoyable. Peter David is writing it now, and his forte seems to be team books, so . . he did a good job with the characters. Basically, Kitty is blowing away any training session that the Professor throws at her. So, I guess . . between he and Logan they decide to up the ante a bit. They stage an event that knocks her out. When she comes to . . she's in a danger room session, but she doesn't know it. They make her think that Magneto has attacked the campus and because of that her powers are on the fritz. Then she's attacked by Logan . . apparently under Magneto's control also. The Professor wanted to see how she'd react under stressful situations . . how she's use her head. Of course she passes with flying colors. Scott Koblish does the art. I like it. It kind of has a John Byrne feel to it in spots. Anyways, pretty basic story really. However, the character interaction was enjoyable, so . . it helped to make the book interesting. I still may still drop this. I mean . . it's not really giving us any new or ground-breaking stories. Actually the stories stay pretty generic so as to not disrupt establish continuity . . I'm sure. It is enjoyable. But . . I could be using this money for a better book. I don't know. I'm still thinking about it. It's easy for me to pick up a new book. It's a lot harder for me to drop one that I've been reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment