Sunday, November 22, 2009

Adventure Comics #4 / #507 - DC

This issue the lead story is completely devoted to Superboy-Prime. On his world, Earth-prime he's also recently gotten this issue of Adventure. He's so distraught over the ending that he makes his mom and dad immediately take him to the comic shop so that he can find out what's going to happen in issue #5 . . or, #508. It's also the Blackest Night cross-over for this book. So Clark is visited by Alexander Luthor. He rises out of the vaults of the Hall of Justice, but then almost immediately heads off to Clark's world. The Legion of Earth-prime is also concerned because they've sensed that something has just pierced the multiverse, back in the 21st century, and . . Superboy-prime is supposed to be under house arrest. They're concerned that he's out and running around. Anyways, Alexander appears in the comic shop and turns Clark back into Superboy-prime. I guess he doesn't want to fight the powerless geek. But Superboy's powers don't help him much because Alexander brings along some of the other people that are pissed about Superboy killing them. But then everything fades away as Clark is shouting, 'No, Wait! Wait, Alex! It can't end now! What happens next?' Well . . neither he, nor us will know until next issue. I liked Geoff Johns story here, but . . I thought it was kind of a cheesy way to end it. But . . we'll see what happens next issue. Maybe it will all be worth it. In the Legion story, Blok is distraught over the White Witch's leaving. She's recently beat Mordru, thereby assuming his powers, but . . that means she has to return to, and live on Sorcerer's World. Plus, after their encounter with Mordru, Blok seems to be going though some changes also. Rather than fight him about it, Wildfire and Dawnstar decide to accompany him back. Once there they soon discover that the White Queen no longer exists. At least not under that name. She now calls herself the Black Witch . . and she dresses and looks accordingly. She switches back for a moment, to help Blok complete his transformation, but then she quickly goes back. 'This world is free of the dark magic that ruled it for centuries. This world is free. But I am not. It's taking all the strength I have to contain Mordru's power and transform it into good. I fear rest. I fear sleep. I fear my weakness, but I don't fear my choice.' Afterwards Blok looks different, but . . I don't know how he's changed. I guess we'll find out later. Anyways, Wildfire and Dawnstar take it as a cautionary tale, because there's is also an unrequited love. I thought it was a good chapter in the Legion's lives by Geoff Johns, Michael Shoemaker and Clayton Henry. I really like the way Clayton is illustrating these Legion stories. And as I've said for the last 3 issues, I'm thrilled that this book is back on the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment