Sunday, November 22, 2009

Outsiders #24 - DC

This issue actually had me a little confused. Not so much with what's going on, but . . just the way that Terra's acting. The Outsiders where in their bunker last issue, when Terra came blasting through the wall. This issue takes place after the Teen Titans appearance by her, so she kind of recaps what happened there for Bryon. From there . . she's asking for Bryon's help. At first, after seeing all the other confrontations between the Black Lanterns and their loved ones, I was thinking that it was all just some kind of trick . . a way to lull them into sense of security and then . . BLAMM!!!, she eats their hearts. But that's not what happened. She even lets Bryon cut the ring off her finger to show him that she can't get away from it. 'I want you to save me Bryon. I want you to save my soul. I want to be buried. I don't care if I'm remembered . . despised or honored. I just want nothingness. It's what I deserve. I need your strength. Your sense of purpose. Only you, Brion can give me that nothingness. You're the only one I want to do it . . to kill me. To make sure I'm dead. And you can all be my pallbearers.' So, I don't really understand what's up with Terra's actions. Are they just because the rings are at 100% . . so they don't need to kill anybody else. Or is this all still just a trick? Or, has Terra found some way to subvert the programming? Anyways Katana, Violet and the Creeper are on their way back from Louisianna with Killer Croc, when their transport is stopped in it's track by Katana'a dead family . . her husband and children. She doesn't really know what's going on yet, so it doesn't dawn on her that these aren't her real family members. That is, until she sees her kids attacking Violet, and her light destroying them . . but they keep coming back. The issue ends with her locking swords with her dead husband. 'You are all a nightmare . . a nightmare that I will never fully wake from.' I really like this book. I think Peter J Tomasi has been doing a fantastic job ever since he took over. Fernando Pasarin does the pencils for this issue. To me, this is one of the best Blackest Night cross-overs I've seen yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment