Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gotham City Sirens #6 - DC

It appeared that the Joker had taken exception to our erstwhile trio here, so he attacked them . . and tried to burn down their hideout. But, come to find out, it wasn't actually the Joker, but rather his first sidekick . . Gaggy. It wasn't actually the Joker that took exception, but rather Gaggy because he blamed Harley for the way the boss had changed. He was no longer the Clown Prince of Crime, but rather 'My Joker had become a sullen psychotic creep. Someone needed to restore his reputation and the Prince of Pranksters.' But it seems to me that with the passion that he's gone after Harley with . . it kind of looks like Gaggy is the same type of psychotic creep. Anyways, in the end, with the help of the girl they got reconstructing their club-house, Ivy, Selina and Harley take Gaggy down and give him the 'ol 'what-for'. Hey . . if Gaggy can use the word 'flummoxed', then I can certainly use the phrase 'the 'ol what-for'. Right? Anyways, it was an entertaining issue. Harley is already an interesting character, but when you throw her in with Ivy and Selina . . well, it's not the Birds of Prey, but . . it's something. I really like the interaction between these women, and . . I like what they bring out in each other. Ivy's personality is tolerable. Selina is like the den-mother. And Harley? Well, let's just say Harley is starting to see some of the error of her ways. No she's not going straight. But . . I think she's starting to realize that she doesn't have to act the buffoon all of the time to play off of the people around her. Needless to say, I think Paul Dini has a great handle on this whole little group. I've really enjoyed these first 6 issues. I also like the feel that Guillem March brings to the book. He draws some great action scenes and I love his framing. I think we definitely have another hit in the Batman-family of books here. Keep up the good work guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment