Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Red Robin #3 - DC


I don't care whether he's Red Robin, or just Robin . . Tim Drake is a great character. He thinks he's found proof that Bruce is still alive. He found it in a museum in Berlin. The problem is . . Ra's al Ghul has decided to take Tim under his wing and be his benefactor. Whether Tim wants it or not. I think that while he appreciates the company . . or at least just the voice to talk to . . he also doesn't want to have to sell his soul just to get a little back-up. However, Tim doesn't know it yet, but Ra's needs him just as much . . which gives Tim a little leverage. It appears that someone is going around the globe and knocking off members of the League of Assassins. They're up to 11 now. And since Ra's hasn't stopped it yet . . my guess is that he doesn't really know where the attacks are coming from. Hence . . he needs Tim as much as Tim needs him. Unfortunately he hasn't shown that hand yet, so Tim still feels like he's behind the eight-ball. To me, the best part of the story was the interaction between Tim and Cassie. It happened before he left for Europe. Basically, Cassie just wanted to let Tim know that she was there for him. Especially after everyone he's lost of late. And remember, at this point, I don't think Tim knows that Connor is back yet. While in Berlin, Owen, Z and Prudence from the League got in Tim's way. He told Ra's to call them off. However, when he arrives in Baghdad, they're there waiting for him . . letting him know that they're at his beck and call. This story-line wraps up next issue, and I assume Tim will be heading back to Gotham then, because of the events in Batman: Darkest Night. I thought Chris Yost did a good job with this story. Like I said, I think Tim is a fantastic character and Chris did a great job portraying his conflicting agendas . . nature vs nurture. I also think Ramon Bachs did a great job with the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment