Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gen13 #31 - WildStorm

I'm still not overly thrilled with this book. Scott Beatty's stories are ok. But I'm really not getting in to Mike Huddleston's art. It is just not my cup of tea. Although I only have to deal with it for 1 more issue because with #33, Phil Hester and Cruddie Torian will be taking over the creative reigns. Anyways, our teens are up on Palatine Hill, the floating island, being trained by the Paladins. The training was offered last issue, although they really weren't given much of a choice. I think the Paladins are looking for new recruits to their ranks, and by training them, they'll see if any of these kids are up to the cut. While they're up there, they're also worried about Caitlin and Sarah. The Paladins have a scrying pool, and they see that Caitlin, although hurt, is receiving medical attention from the Fearsmiths because they feel sorry for them. Megan and Dr Cross are acting like they're her children . . and they're all upset that their 'mommy' is hurt. So you have to start to ask yourself . . who's the 'good' guys here, and who's the 'bad' guys? Sarah is wrapped up in a whole different situation, but . . it doesn't look like she's missing the rest of her 'homies' right now. It looks like she's got a bit of a romantic thing brewing. But they really need to worry about their own situation. First of all . . I don't think the Paladins necessarily have the 13's best interests in mind. I'm not sure what they're up to, but somethings going on. Secondly . . Sludge, or Goo, or whatever her name is came from the Gen14s. And at the end of this issue, they land on Palatine Hill. I'm not sure who they're working for, but I think, basically . . they've been told that one of the teams needs to be re-processed . . killed, or melted down to genetic materials, or something . . the 13's or the 14's. I don't know. Like I said the story really isn't to bad. I'm just having a hard time getting past my feelings for the art. But . . we'll see what happens next issue . . how this whole Teenage Wasteland thing is wrapped up. And then . . after a short hiatus . . again . . we'll see how the new team handles these characters. I think my main frustration is because I really like these kids. There's been a lot of good books, and stories . . not recently, but . . there's been some. I'd like to see that again. I want to have fun reading this book. I don't think that's to much to ask for. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment